Tuna Spank Cakes!
Serves about 2 (just double or triple as needed)
1/4 cup mayo
1 lg. egg
2 slices of bread
1 t. ground mustard
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t pepper
2 med. green onions, chopped (we just used red onion)
2 cans 6oz. each tun, drained (or crabmeat)
2 T olive oil
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs (We used Italian seasoned)
Note: The only things we actually measured was the mayo, egg, ground mustard and cans of tuna. Easy!
Mix may and egg in med. bowl. Sir in remaining ingredients except oil and dry bread crumbs. Shape mixture into patties about 3 in. in diameter (about 6 patties)
Heat oil in skillet over med. heat. Coat each pattie with dry bread crumbs. cook in oil over med. ehat about 10 min., turning once until golden brown and hot in center. (We covered ours with a lid while they cooked)
Thanks so much, Kim, for sharing the recipe and goods! That was so fun cooking with you!
Turkey Enchilada Casserole (from Sunset magazine)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano leaves or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 can (29 oz.) red enchilada sauce (My grocery store had 9 oz. cans, so I use 2 medium, and 1 mild)
- 12 corn tortillas (6 in. wide) (I usually end up using a few more)
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat jack cheese (8 oz.) (I use TJ’s low fat Mexican cheese blend)
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Can also add: drained, rinsed black beans and corn
1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, stir turkey, onion, garlic, oregano, and cumin in oil until turkey is crumbly and no longer pink, about 4 minutes. (Add in black beans and some corn if you wanted). Stir in 1 cup (I just use 1 of the 9 oz cans) enchilada sauce. Add salt to taste.
2. Meanwhile, cut tortillas in half. Arrange a quarter of the halves evenly over the bottom of a shallow 3-quart casserole, overlapping to fit. Sprinkle a fourth of the cheese evenly over the tortillas, then top with a third of the turkey mixture and a fourth of the remaining enchilada sauce, spreading each level. Repeat to make two more layers of tortillas, cheese, turkey mixture, and sauce; top with another layer of tortillas and sauce, then cheese.
3. Bake in a 425° regular or convection oven until cheese is melted and casserole is hot in the center, 18 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Ok, so easy, really not a recipe at all.
I used a premade whole wheat crust
TJ’s BBQ sauce
Cooked chicken brest strips
Chopped red onion
Bake in oven around 425 until cheese is melted.